Thread: Wellhouse Terrier or HIllside T6?

Thanks

Default Wellhouse Terrier or HIllside T6?

We are thinking about taking the plunge and spending a small fortune on a new van - either a T6 from (we think) Hillside Leisure or a Ford Terrier 2 from Wellhouse. Any good / bad experience of either? The Ford Terrier looks like better value for money - any thoughts? Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Devanewbie For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Romahome Duo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,362 Times in 662 Posts

Hello Devanewbie and welcome to the site

Can't help with actual knowledge but have had a look and can see why you are having trouble choosing.

I like the airiness of the T6 and the fact that everything is neatly out of sight but would imagine that the covered fridge door/cup cupboard could end up being a pain for the person in the passenger seat.

Hope somebody else comes along with practical knowledge for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SandraM For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,222 Times in 1,383 Posts

Difficult to say without knowing exactly which models you are looking at, and what your requirements are.

Generally speaking, the VW will hold it's value better but the Ford is wider so gives you more room.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caz For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    VW T5
    Thanks

My T5 was converted by Hillside about 7 years ago. I use it a lot and I am happy with the conversion, it's well planned and put together.
    I have heard criticism of the quality of the external paint and my high top has definitely faded, but it is getting on a bit.
    I got a good deal from Hillside after a lot of negotiation and the guarantee has covered a number of things that have gone wrong.
    No idea what the ford is like I'm afraid, VWs do hold their value well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DM1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ive got a Wellhouse Hyundai conversion and been mostly pleased with it.it has a 5 year guarantee on the vehicle and the conversion as long as its serviced. The spec had changed a bit to keep the price down which spoiled (for me) the heating.The Terrier might have a different spec but if you are buying new Id get an up to date spec direct from Wellhouse instead of relying as I did on a Hyundai or Ford dealer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deli dave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Wellhouse Terrier or Hillside T6

We also presently have a Wellhouse Hyundai, have been very pleased with it and how Wellhouse have been very helpful with a problem we had when our rear seatbelt got jammed and we couldn't get the bed up - tiny adjustment and we should have been pulling the seatbelts forward anyway, we were given Mr Elliot's mobile number so we could contact him direct anytime. Can't say fairer than that.

We are also changing our vehicle, gone for another Wellhouse, the Wellhouse Terrier Ford Lux-XL. Looking forward to September when we will get it.
    The Hyundai was great for going into our garage, that doesn't matter now as we don't have a suitable garage so can get a fixed roof.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldybantam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldybantam View Post
    We also presently have a Wellhouse Hyundai, have been very pleased with it and how Wellhouse have been very helpful with a problem we had when our rear seatbelt got jammed and we couldn't get the bed up - tiny adjustment and we should have been pulling the seatbelts forward anyway, we were given Mr Elliot's mobile number so we could contact him direct anytime. Can't say fairer than that.

We are also changing our vehicle, gone for another Wellhouse, the Wellhouse Terrier Ford Lux-XL. Looking forward to September when we will get it.
    The Hyundai was great for going into our garage, that doesn't matter now as we don't have a suitable garage so can get a fixed roof.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.
    Hi baldybantam,I am presuming you have the Webasto heater with the 1533 oval 24 hour timer. Has it worked well for you or would you have gone for a 7 day timer. The current model has Eberspacher air heater fitted which doesnt warm the engine so i am thinking of adding the Webasto aa my post . David Elliott has kindly given me details and contact at Webasto .

Thanks

Am not sure what heater we have on the Hyundai, we have never used it in 3 years so can't comment, it is always tested at habitation.

On the vehicle we will be having built, we have opted not to have the heating, we have had heating in several vans and have never used it, we don't wild camp and always take a fan heater with us.

The instruction manuals are all in the van so can't look it up either, however it wouldn't help as it hasn't been used.

Hope you get sorted out.