Thread: Where to camp/microcamper near Liverpool?

Thanks

Default Where to camp/microcamper near Liverpool?

We may well be facing many weeks going to and fro to Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Liverpool. One of us will need to stay home with our children, so it will be a solo camper up in Liverpool, often a female. Solo camping in the wilds holds no fears, but don't feel so comfortable in the city. Is this an unreasonable concern? Does anyone have any suggestion of suitable campsites not too far from the hospital? There certainly don't seem to be many advertised online - either that or I am looking in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Thanks

... Forgot to say ... we hope to have the Kangoo up and running as a micro-camper in time, so it doesn't have to be in a tent.

My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 861 Posts

We were at Liverpool last year and stayed at http://www.campingandcaravanningclub...ncornercamping which wasn't too far to walk for a bus into the city and a little further for a train.

Prior to that we have stayed at http://www.formbypointcaravanpark.co.uk/ - a little more expensive and about the same nearly mile walk to the train station. Did catch a glimpse of a red squirrel there but I doubt that's high on your list.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianTheSnail For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Many thanks for your recommendation. I stayed in the 'Hidden Corner' site - it was a welcome relief from the noise and bustle of the city, and yet easily accessible. A lovely little site, thank you for drawing my attention to it.

Felt totally safe camping there as a solo woman.

Thanks

Default Liverpool parking

Have you thought of asking the hospital if you can park in a quiet corner . Ask the PALS team explain your situation . Worth a try
    Regards dots

Thanks

I did, and they did suggest somewhere, but some of the locals weren't sure if it would be safe for a woman on her own so I decided to go out to the campsite.

Thankfully our grandchild's condition was better than doctors had feared. There have been times when we wondered if we would ever see our first grandchild alive, so we are so grateful that she was born stronger than doctors expected and for the wonders that the surgeons in Alder Hey have done. I am still waiting to have my first cuddle as all the time I saw her she had too many tubes coming out of her. Once they have had a chance to settle home, we will be heading over

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KangooPete For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,008 Times in 861 Posts

If no one else is weeping here, let me assure you both Liz and I are. Our first grandchild was born just over a year ago and she is our little bit of magic. I read your post to Liz and we both cried for you!

May we add our wishes that you're grand-daughter recovers to full strength and capabilities as soon as possible.

I'm so glad to have been able to help in some minute way in suggesting Hidden Corner.

When you are able, give her a hug from us too.

Liz and Brian

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrianTheSnail For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Romahome Duo
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 736 Posts

I can really imagine your anguish.

The cuddles, when they happen, will be magic and you won't want to put her down

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SandraM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can't help with a campsite - but just wanted to send good wishes. My grandson has been under Great Ormond St doctors since he was born - he's now 10, leads an active life, enjoys skiing and walking in the hills with his dad (sleeping in a VW conversion) and did his first charity fundraising run earlier this year. When you can have the grand-daugher cuddles they will be extra special.

Best wishes to you and all your family.

Sheila

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cesky2000 For This Useful Post: