Thread: Fenwicks windowsize scratch remover

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 619 Posts

Default Fenwicks windowsize scratch remover

Has anyone used this stuff. Is it any good.Any other recommendations for scratch removal. I've managed to get a second hand Romini window. My other one has a hole in it. I don"t know what condition it's in, apart from it has no cracks or holes, but seller recommended a polishing. I'm waiting for it to arrive and obviously want it put in caravan as soon as possible. My other windows would probably benefit from a good polishing as well.
    This is my present window, which I've patched up with clear repair tip

IMG_4575.JPG

Pam

My Unit
    Autocruise Jazz
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 578 Posts

We used Fenwicks scratch remover after a very close encounter with tree branches on a narrow road. It worked very well; it removed the scratches, which were very visible and deeper than normal wear and tear. Deep scratches would probably need several applications and more elbow work! Brasso is effective on minor scratches too.

It sounds from the sellers description that the Fenwicks product might well do the job - I don't think it would repair your present window though!
    Last edited by VonUK; 20-04-2017 at 08:26 AM.

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks

Default Fenwick

Quote Originally Posted by VonUK View Post
    We used Fenwicks scratch remover after a very close encounter with tree branches on a narrow road. It worked very well; it removed the scratches, which were very visible and deeper than normal wear and tear. Deep scratches would probably need several applications and more elbow work! Brasso is effective on minor scratches too.

It sounds from the sellers description that the Fenwicks product might well do the job - I don't think it would repair your present window though!
    I'm just pleased, that after 7 years of owning my little Romini, that I have finally found a window with no hole in. The other alternative was to have one made. Very pricey.

Pam

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pamsicle For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,198 Posts

I've used Fenwicks on small scratches on the side windows. It made a bit of difference, but not on really deep scratches. And you will need more than the tiddy bit of very fine sandpaper it comes with to do all your windows, Pam! It really is just for small scratches and spot repairs, not really for doing the whole window with. I think you would just end up with hazed windows if you used it for a complete surface as you apply the cream using fine sandpaper, and the cream itself is abrasive.

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks

Default Fenwicks

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    I've used Fenwicks on small scratches on the side windows. It made a bit of difference, but not on really deep scratches. And you will need more than the tiddy bit of very fine sandpaper it comes with to do all your windows, Pam! It really is just for small scratches and spot repairs, not really for doing the whole window with. I think you would just end up with hazed windows if you used it for a complete surface as you apply the cream using fine sandpaper, and the cream itself is abrasive.
    I nipped across this morning to my local caravan place. They had some Fenwicks in. £4.95. It says apply with a soft cloth.
    I looked on you tube for any tips Fenwicks was mentioned along with the highly recommended G3 rubbing compound, which I've not heard of. Wet and dry fine grade sandpaper is mentioned along with Brasso. Thought I would give the Fenwick's a go first on my present windows. But any advice welcome. I'll have to see what this other window looks like first.

Pam

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pamsicle For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Autocruise Jazz
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,078 Times in 578 Posts

That sounds right Pam, I don't remember using sandpaper on ours. I think Brasso might give you a final polish, but I'd try it on a small inconspicuous area first, or even the present window you are replacing.
    Last edited by VonUK; 20-04-2017 at 04:52 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VonUK For This Useful Post: