Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Folk on the Farm Festival in Anglesey

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default Folk on the Farm Festival in Anglesey

    I thought I would just mention this small festival on Anglesey! It's the only one I am hoping to go to this year (all being well)! Small and friendly, nice people. They raise money with this festival to carry on the good work, providing life skills and activities for young people who have learning difficulties.

    Own sanitation advised. There are chemical loos for emergencies, but not that many. There is a chemical waste disposal point, it's a great big container which you have to empty waste in from the top. This year I am going to try the bin bags/cat litter option as I found it really hard to empty my loo. There was a large skip on site last year for waste disposal. And there is a drinking water tap for filling up your water containers and tanks.

    Dogs are welcome, but they must be kept on a lead at all times on site and on the camping field, and they are very strict about this. There are a few lovely dog walks and footpaths in the area, and a dog-friendly beach around half a mile away... it must be the only one left on Anglesey!


    The tickets have just gone on sale. Yippee! It's a lovely area, I can't wait for July!

    http://www.tyddynmon.co.uk/folkonthefarm/
    Last edited by jayjay; 22-03-2017 at 10:34 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Romiley, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,332
    My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 943 Posts

    Default

    Tickets number 3 & 4 already arrived. See you there!
    Geoff

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Artoo0 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artoo0 View Post
    Tickets number 3 & 4 already arrived. See you there!
    It will be great to see you there again! I'm hoping I get to more of the sing-around sessions this year.
    Last edited by jayjay; 22-03-2017 at 02:43 PM.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    High Peak, Derbyshire
    Posts
    5,105
    My Unit
    Pennine Pullman Folding Camper
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 3,847 Times in 2,053 Posts

    Default

    This looks brilliant but its unfortunately too close to our main hols so no spare leave or funds
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob B For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    barrow in furness.cumbria.
    Posts
    189
    My Unit
    going gopod
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 178 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=David stringer;178027]
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    I thought I would just mention this small festival on Anglesey! It's the only one I am hoping to go to this year (all being well)! Small and friendly, nice people. They raise money with this festival to carry on the good work, providing life skills and activities for young people who have learning difficulties.

    Own sanitation advised. There are chemical loos for emergencies, but not that many. There is a chemical waste disposal point, it's a great big container which you have to empty waste in from the top. This year I am going to try the bin bags/cat litter option as I found it really hard to empty my loo. There was a large skip on site last year for waste disposal. And there is a drinking water tap for filling up your water containers and tanks.

    Dogs are welcome, but they must be kept on a lead at all times on site and on the camping field, and they are very strict about this. There are a few lovely dog walks and footpaths in the area, and a dog-friendly beach around half a mile away... it must be the only one left on Anglesey!


    The tickets have just gone on sale. Yippee! It's a lovely area, I can't wait for
    http://www.tyddynmon.co.uk/folkonthefarm/[/QUOTE
    I have sent off for my ticket buzzndave
    BuzznDave

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to David stringer For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Romiley, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,332
    My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 943 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=David stringer;178028]
    Quote Originally Posted by David stringer View Post
    I have sent off for my ticket buzzndave


    Seems I have to key 12 characters!
    Geoff

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Artoo0 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    After a recent fall I just have my fingers crossed I will be able to drive the distance by the time of this event in just over a week's time! It's pretty painful to sit for long on a bruised coccyx! If not, I'm hoping that I will be able to transfer my booking (already paid for) to next year. Blast and Damn. Fingers crossed that I can make it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Romiley, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,332
    My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 943 Posts

    Default

    That's a b****r Jayjay!

    Fingers crossed for sufficient recovery, but if not, John and the other organisers seem very accommodating, so hopefully a "deferral" shouldn't be difficult.
    Geoff

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artoo0 For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wye Valley
    Posts
    3,061
    My Unit
    Romahome HyLo
    Thanks
    1,111
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    After a recent fall I just have my fingers crossed I will be able to drive the distance by the time of this event in just over a week's time! It's pretty painful to sit for long on a bruised coccyx! If not, I'm hoping that I will be able to transfer my booking (already paid for) to next year. Blast and Damn. Fingers crossed that I can make it.
    Do the Baer Wellness cushions help at all?

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karenw For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karenw View Post
    Do the Baer Wellness cushions help at all?
    Hi Karen, I have every type of spine cushion and could probably open a shop! However, these you mention seem to be a bit different and the reviews say they are better than the ones I have, so I have ordered one of these from Amazon thru the forum link! Thanks for the heads up!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wye Valley
    Posts
    3,061
    My Unit
    Romahome HyLo
    Thanks
    1,111
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 741 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Hi Karen, I have every type of spine cushion and could probably open a shop! However, these you mention seem to be a bit different and the reviews say they are better than the ones I have, so I have ordered one of these from Amazon thru the forum link! Thanks for the heads up!
    I wish I'd known. I have one, brand new, which you could have had...

    I hope it helps. It looks promising.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karenw For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karenw View Post
    I wish I'd known. I have one, brand new, which you could have had...

    I hope it helps. It looks promising.
    If it's any good, I will buy the other one off you as I will need one for the car as well!

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    The new spine cushion seems to be helping a little, but I still have a great big bruise and it's painful to drive very far, so I will probably have to cancel the folk festival for this year - and let that be a lesson to me - never again will I use the steps to reach up for something I can't reach! It's looking very unlikely that I will be able to go. I can't see this going away any time soon.

    Hopefully I can get a refund on my ticket, or a credit/deferral for next year's fest.

  25. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Well - how did it go? did you enjoy yourselves? I hope all that went had a great time and the weather was ok. I hope you all get home safely too.

    Jon said they don't do refunds but will defer my ticket over to next year, so that's good.

  26. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    barrow in furness.cumbria.
    Posts
    189
    My Unit
    going gopod
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 178 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Well - how did it go? did you enjoy yourselves? I hope all that went had a great time and the weather was ok. I hope you all get home safely too.

    Jon said they don't do refunds but will defer my ticket over to next year, so that's good.
    yes he told me the same !!weather not to bad .a little rain cloud and wind.. good festival .
    BuzznDave

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to David stringer For This Useful Post:


  28. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Romiley, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,332
    My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 943 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    Well - how did it go? did you enjoy yourselves? I hope all that went had a great time and the weather was ok. I hope you all get home safely too.

    Jon said they don't do refunds but will defer my ticket over to next year, so that's good.
    That sounds a pretty fair outcome Jayjay. I suspect it's a more sympathetic one than you'd get at the big festivals!

    Weather got better as the weekend went on. Thursday evening was the club session and I did a couple of songs to the accompaniment of rain hammering on the tent roof ("God on percussion" according to one wit in the audience!). It covered my mistakes pretty well!

    Friday evening concert punctuated by not too heavy showers. Saturday dry until the very last act of the night, so we were dancing in the rain. Fortunately Sue and I had dressed for it!
    Sunday, gorgeous all day!

    Happy to make the acquaintance of Buzz'n'Dave.

    We had thought that next year we'd make a tour of the Western Isles, ending up in Lewis for HebCelt, which would have meant missing FOTF (as we in-crowd know it ), but we've changed our mind now. We're still planning the trip, but it'll have to be at a different time!
    Geoff

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Artoo0 For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Cheshire, nr Congleton
    Posts
    10,593
    My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    13,303
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 2,278 Posts

    Default

    Glad you all enjoyed yourselves! I wish I had been able to make it.... never mind, next year will soon come around!

  31. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Romiley, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,332
    My Unit
    Romahome R20
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 943 Posts

    Default

    Simmo's started putting his videos on You Tube.

    Here's the opening one which really tells you what this festival is all about :-

    https://youtu.be/jb40syGSOoM

    Plenty of links from there if you want to see more!
    Geoff

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Artoo0 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they donít tell us who you are.

By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use