Thread: How to attach a home made canopy to c15

Thanks

Default How to attach a home made canopy to c15

I want to make a a canopy for over my c15s back door area, does anyone have an idea as how to attach it to vehicle please?

My Unit
    Romahome C15 Hy/lo
    Thanks

We had a thread running about this the other day and some good answers on this thread.
    http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...06-Awning-cord
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Thanks

Default How to attach canopy to back of c15

Thank you for that information thread, but sorry to say it was not what I am looking for. Nevertheless, I will keep on trying to find a way to attach canopy.

My Unit
    Peugeot Stimson Tyrol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sally Forth View Post
    Thank you for that information thread, but sorry to say it was not what I am looking for. Nevertheless, I will keep on trying to find a way to attach canopy.
    What sort of attachment are you actually looking for?

Thanks

image.jpg
    I want to make a a canopy for over my c15s back door area, does anyone have an idea as how to attach it to vehicle please?
    I use a canopy (think is called 'Tarp Fresh') from Decathlon - attached with 'industrial strength' adhesive Velcro. (2"/5cm width)
    Velcro strip stuck on top of door and halfway along one side of canopy.
    Then has 6 poles (only comes with 2 poles but not expensive to buy more). I started with 4 but upped it to 6. Use two guy ropes on each pole keeps it taut and very secure.

It worked really well last year - had a couple of occasions where I had to take it down in very high winds, but only really because I camp at agility shows and do not always get to choose which way I can position the van! (The adhesive on the Velcro is powerful enough that it did not budge at all - it was the poles and rest of the tarp that were vulnerable)

Photos from last year, hard to see when 'dog garden' up and I think only using 4 poles in these.

Edit 1712 = found close up showing attachment above door - excuse mess! Rainy day though so shows still able to extend living space outside

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by MidlandBluebell; 23-03-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Adding photo of door

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MidlandBluebell For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,147 Times in 2,380 Posts

You could thread some cord through the hem, then throw it over the top, then peg it down to the ground. It's similar to how the tunnel works on a drive away awning on a C15. The bungee sort of cord would probably work best as it's flexible in the wind, and you would need some hooks for the ends so that you could peg it down. There are different widths of cord and hooks, so make sure you get the same size cord and hooks if you try this method. These below look good!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Fit-...EzmYBDGPC2RLTQ

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,307 Times in 699 Posts

Default C15 canopy

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    You could thread some cord through the hem, then throw it over the top, then peg it down to the ground. It's similar to how the tunnel works on a drive away awning on a C15. The bungee sort of cord would probably work best as it's flexible in the wind, and you would need some hooks for the ends so that you could peg it down. There are different widths of cord and hooks, so make sure you get the same size cord and hooks if you try this method. These below look good!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Fit-...EzmYBDGPC2RLTQ
    That's how I used to attach my Reimo awning to back of Romini. Bungee cord is good for that job

Pam

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pamsicle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Type of attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Dapple View Post
    What sort of attachment are you actually looking for?
    Was none to sure when first set out on this quest, but by reading other thread replies, beginning to get an idea of what I want and how to do it. Just a simple canopy, probably just a little wider than van. Will add more when I begin to get it together. Many thanks.

Thanks

Smile Thank you for all the good ideas

Thank you for all your replies and the good ideas you have shared with me. I am now able to visualize a little clearer what I want and how to do it. Will keep you posted as to how and when it happens. Many thanks.

My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,147 Times in 2,380 Posts

Thank you for all your replies and the good ideas you have shared with me. I am now able to visualize a little clearer what I want and how to do it. Will keep you posted as to how and when it happens. Many thanks.
    Keep in mind that you might need to detach it (rather in the same fashion as a drive-away awning) if you want to go out for the day in the van.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jayjay For This Useful Post: