Thread: Changing light socket holders

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 622 Posts

Default Changing light socket holders

Since my caravan battery is now officially, dead, and was only used to light two lights in the caravan. I'm not going to dash out and buy another one.
    Instead I have a clip light, which has a bayonet fitting. I came across some adapters that can change the socket.
    I've got one (from poundstretcers) that converts bayonet B22 to F27 screw type. I've sent away for bayonet to small screw fitting. Bayonet to GU10 halogen and bayonet to M16 halogen.

So I've got a choice of what kind of bulb type I want to use
    IMG_4754.jpgIMG_4755.jpg
    Pam

My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,198 Posts

So these are for when you are hooked up to the EHU? I've had clippie lights for ages for when I'm on EHU. But do you ever go away without EHU, because your inbuilt caravan lights won't work if there isn't a battery, I would have thought... or have I got it wrong? If I'm trying to save on leisure battery power, I often use some led hanging lights which seem to last over a year on two AA batteries.

Mind your eyes when you switch on those clippie lights!

My Unit
    Romini (Little Roo).
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 622 Posts

Default Light sovkets

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    So these are for when you are hooked up to the EHU? I've had clippie lights for ages for when I'm on EHU. But do you ever go away without EHU, because your inbuilt caravan lights won't work if there isn't a battery, I would have thought... or have I got it wrong? If I'm trying to save on leisure battery power, I often use some led hanging lights which seem to last over a year on two AA batteries.

Mind your eyes when you switch on those clippie lights!
    My two internal lights only worked off the battery. So if on ehu I now have a clip light and a long tube light.
    If all else fails, I have gas lights and that led battery light, that looks like a light switch. I haven't taken the battery away with me for the last two years. It seemed a lot of hassle to lug the thing around, just for two lights.

Pam

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pamsicle For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Double Dutch Kip Caravan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pamsicle View Post
    . I haven't taken the battery away with me for the last two years. It seemed a lot of hassle to lug the thing around, just for two lights.

Pam
    I agree, there are other ways to light a caravan! My leisure battery is in the caravan 'boot' compartment at the front end of the caravan. I need it for the mover though, so not a chance of doing without it.