Thread: It's a Cutie!

My Unit
    Romahome Outlook
    Thanks

Default It's a Cutie!

Silly name, but it looks a well designed van. I considered one a few years ago as they were selling for £18,000 new, but bought a 10 year old Romahaome for roughly the same price!

This 2015 one is advertised for £12995

http://www.jmtleisure.co.uk/used-mot...-top-roof-1812

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnL For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    C15 Romahome Hylo Grand Finale
    Thanks

Say what you will, but that is tremendous value for money!

I saw these at the NEC a couple of years ago and I was similarly smitten. I'm on leave this week, camper hunting. I feel a wee run down to Western-Super-Mare might be in order.....

Panda
    These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

My Unit
    Pennine Pullman Folding Camper
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 2,068 Posts

I am a big fan of the DFSK vans. All the advantages of the classic Rascal design but with most of the major flaws remidied.

Given the uncertain future of Diesel, petrol engined campers like this might suddenly become very desirable
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

My Unit
    Gobur Carousel 10/2 Slimline 1990, Skoda Fabia 1.2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I am a big fan of the DFSK vans. All the advantages of the classic Rascal design but with most of the major flaws remidied.

Given the uncertain future of Diesel, petrol engined campers like this might suddenly become very desirable
    There's a dealer just up the road from me selling DFSK vans. I have my reasons for not wanting to buy one there, not least because I feel he charges too much for them. I looked at one about a year ago with a view to converting it to use as a camper, but he wouldn't budge on the price. It's still there on his forecourt now! I'm not sure whether there are any advantages to buying one of these compared to one of the same ilk, such as a Daihatsu Excel, a Suzuki Carry or a Nissan Vanette? I think they're all petrol engines, and if I was to choose between one of these I'd probably go for the Nissan. I wonder what road tax you have to pay on this type of vehicle?
    Incidentally, this Cutie pictured is offered by JMT Leisure, in Hewish, NOT the dealer just up the road from me! Don't want to frighten you off, Panda!
    Cynthia
    Last edited by CyberCynth; 20-03-2017 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added a sentence

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberCynth For This Useful Post:

My Unit
    Autosleeper Mezan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,518 Times in 1,710 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post

I completely agree with you Rob, but Oh why such a small engine and NO power steering! It may not be a problem for the young and strong but I will not be parted from power steering.

My Unit
    2005 Romahome Outlook
    Thanks

The DFSK vans used in the Wlidax above are powered by a 1.3 Suzuki petrol engine with power steering.

Here's a review here: http://www.whatvan.co.uk/test-drives...acceptpolicy=1

http://www.campingly.com/dfsk-cutie-...-in-the-world/

The DFSK website is currently unavailable however!

John

My Unit
    Pennine Pullman Folding Camper
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian.C.S View Post
    I completely agree with you Rob, but Oh why such a small engine and NO power steering! It may not be a problem for the young and strong but I will not be parted from power steering.
    We have had this argument before. Power steering is unnecessary in a forward control design.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

My Unit
    Romahome pod on Daihatsu Hi-Jet 1300
    Thanks

I put this on another Cutie thread - DFSK have pulled out of the UK - so where that leaves spares etc I do not know take a look at their website http://www.dfskuk.com/ and then take a look at this dealers website - read the note at the bottom http://www.warmstrong.co.uk/cumbria-truck-centre/dfsk
    Certainly needs investigating.
    Jon